30 September 2010

Lazy Laundry Days


(Not my backyard, but wouldn't it be awesome to wake up to this every morning and sit outside eating breakfast?)



There is just something peaceful about watching laundry on a line dancing to the cool breeze with the warm sun peaking through the cracks and warming your cool skin. This is my peace, my get away, from the chaos that is my little minions. There's no crying, screaming, constant neediness when I hang the laundry out (well ok...so there is, but I would like to think there wasn't). Hanging our laundry is one way we trying to save a little on the electrical bill. While it might not save us a bunch, every little bit adds up. Plus the kids love to run and hide behind and inbetween the blankets and towels. They also love to play porcipines with the clothes pins.
What brings you that little bit of calm during the day? Is it a warm fragrant cup of coffee? Getting your hands dirty in the cool soil planting seeds to harvest later? Is it putting a few more stitches into that project you're working on?








If you are looking for a great laundry detergent, try Charlie's Soap. It is a great eco-friendly detergent and I love the fact that it doesn't have the funk that the others do that leave a nasty residue inside my washing machine. It's also great for washing cloth diapers. (Wow, that really sounded like an ad. Oh well, I love it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment