27 September 2010

Welcome

Hopefully you will follow me on our journey to our sustainable homestead. It will be full of great ideas, mistakes (I am constantly making mistakes and learning from them), and fun. You might not share the same dream of owning alot of land and starting a small farm, but hopefully you'll find some of the "urban farm" ideas useful.

Our journey will start as a small urban backyard farm where I'll test some of my ideas. This fall I plan to create the beginnings of next years garden. We'll find and set up raised beds, find a good spot for the chicken coop, experiments in cheesemaking, "fieldtrips" to the local orchard/farmers market/pumpkin patch, and try micro-greens.

I will be posting links and ideas about energy saving and eco-friendly building ideas and farming resourses. I'll share where I have found information and books I recommend. I hope that you enjoy this journey and find some helpful information.

Let's Begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment